A SHASSIC Assessor must be a qualified person and have a certain number of years of working experience in construction industry.
The criteria are:
- Successfully attended and passed a one-day course organised by CIDB
- Possess a minimum of 5 years working experience in the construction industry; or
- Successfully attended and passed OHSAS 18001 Lead Auditor Course and possess a minimum of 3 years working experience in the construction industry (construction site). (Exempted from attending 1-day course conducted by CIDB); or
- A Construction Safety and Health Officer (CSHO * ) with 2 years experience in the construction industry. (Exempted from attending 1-day course conducted by CIDB)
- Create a system to monitor fatality and accident rates
* Note : CSHO means a person who is registered with DOSH as Safety & Health Officer and successfully completed the 5 (five) days course organised by CIDB for Construction Safety & Health Officer.
Contractors may engage any qualified person above to carry out SHASSIC assessment, or alternatively, they can make arrangement with CIDB to carry out SHASSIC assessment.
Currently CIDB is providing this service Free of Charge ( FOC ) and contractors are entitled to receive 20 CCD points for a successful assessment.
Email the form to email@example.com and a CIDB officer will contact the contractor to arrange for SHASSIC assessment.